Saturday, March 8, 2014

Becoming Fearless



I find few things more exciting than a good "Ah-ha" moment, and it doesn't even matter what the revelation concerns. All that matters is that it happened and it's essentially the most exciting thing that is going on in your life at the current moment.
The current moment
Think about that for a minute. For anyone who knows me, I'd much rather be off cliff jumping on an island somewhere warm and far away, than sitting here studying in the snow, but the fact of the matter is that I am sitting here studying in the snow, and I'm okay with it. I'm not saying that you shouldn't have dreams or ambitions or chase them until your heart is content, but I am saying that you should make peace with what you have at the current moment. When you do, everything gets a little brighter.
Live in the moment- the current moment
 My most recent moment of ah-ha came as soon as I started critically thinking and analyzing the way I was thinking. Seems weird, right? Someone said something, that made me think something, that essentially ended up making me think about the way I think, and why I think that way. The "why" is the key. So many people just have thoughts and accept them as is, or as uncontrollable, but the fact is that thoughts have to come from somewhere, so just "why" and "how" do your thoughts specifically form?
When you push aside everything that everyone is telling you to do, and just live, your thoughts start to make sense. There are no contradictions in them anymore. Yes, it is nice to take advice into consideration, but at the end of the day you have to just do you. I think people forget that and try inadvertently to be something they don't want to be. Forget the person who told you that you weren't good enough, or that you couldn't do it, and just be fearless.
Live in the moment- the current moment- and be fearless
When it came down to it, a lot of the thoughts that I analyzed stemmed from fear. The even more interesting thing is that it was a fear that I wasn't even consciously aware of from a day to day standpoint. I'll consider myself a perfectionist when I do specific tasks, but subconsciously the fear of not being perfect has been influencing simple day-to-day actions as well.
Post ah-ha moment, everything got so much simpler. It's now a matter of not over-thinking things, and simply just doing them. I could go on for days about this topic, but my point is that people need to stop living passively and just accepting things as they are. No, I don't want to start a rebellion or anything like that, but challenge yourself. Try to figure out why you are like you are and what it is that makes you tick. Learn about yourself. You'll be surprised at how differently you approach life.



Author: Stevie Guarino

Brought to you by Life Coaching by LC

info@lifecoachingbylc.com



              

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for joining us come back again soon!

www.lifecoachingbylc.com